Welcome to F.C. Irish's Flight Log

Feel free to comment, discuss, add, or challenge anything on this blog. The idea of the Flight Log is to find our common culture amidst the regional differences. I'm looking for a clear understanding, and everything I write is meant to facilitate discussion toward that goal. Enjoy.

03 January 2012

What Does It All Mean?

TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012                                                    9:47 P.M. E.S.T.  
SORTIE 4 OF THE DAY
PILOT F. Irish S/A  
EQUIPMENT General Sherman  

ENTRY 4

     I was two paragraphs in when my browser said 'Fuck you stoner!' and closed out with an error notice...apparently it doesn't like stoner music searches. Luckily, I hadn't hit General Sherman yet... so...

GH HIT!

I feel the need to clarify the basic outline of my Log here, and why it is the way it is. You see, I worry that yous may not understand what I'm actually saying when I start these entries, or when I name some officer from the past, etc etc.
     I call it my Flight Log, because I associate getting high with flying. The more you put in, the more you push the throttle, the higher you go. Obviously the date and time are self explanatory, it is (presently) 9:52 P.M. E.S.T. on the third day of the first month of the year of two thousand and twelve. Sortie refers to the act of smoking, and the sortie number is how many times I've smoked that day up until that point. Pilot...another obvious one, I'm the pilot, the person who is taking part on the 'flight' if you will. If there is more than one person involved, they are also denoted under the pilot section. Equipment is the piece I am using while smoking this time. I have three glass bowls that I rotate through on a regular basis: General Sherman, Commodore Barry, and General Wayne (by time owned oldest to newest). They've all been named for one reason or another after militarily historic American figures, two of which are from my Commonwealth (Barry was an Irish immigrant who served in the Revolution and is considered the father of the United States Navy, Wayne was Pennsylvania born in Chester County, which at the time of the Revolution also included what is today Delaware County), and the other was an Ohio native who served in the Civil War (though he 'burned' his way through the South, it is important to note that he DID NOT burn civilian targets, only militarily important targets, so he is not some evil devil sent to destroy the Southern way of life [frankly, as outspoken of a Northerner as I am, I enjoy the relaxed pace at which my Southern brethren operate]).



HIT! x2

Entry number is literally entry number, and in no way is determined by the Sortie number. There may be times where several entries occur during one sortie, or where several sorties occur during one entry. And by no means is there a determined subject matter. I write what I write, I'm not trying to be for one thing or against another, I'm not trying to be some oracle or great voice of reason. At this point, I write because it is what I've been doing for over a quarter of a year, and I just do it.

HIT!

     In other news... I got nothing. No clue where to go from here... Blar... Sorry guys, logged on to facebook so I can link the post to the right facebook, and lost all motivation. Not cause I like facebook, to the contrary, I detest it. However, I see a need for that godawful disgusting fabrication of reality. 'Oh, its on facebook, why didn't you know?' Cause I don't live on facebook. I live in Pennsylvania, where I live, work, and interact with friends in a personal, face-to-face fashion, where I can talk to a friend in person, read the tone of their voice, judge their facial expressions. Fuck facebook, and curse me for viewing it as necessary in this world we have come to live in. Makes me wanna hit till I quit, you know? Lil Green put it best, 'I'm gonna knock myself out, gradually by degree.'

HIT! x4

1 comment:

  1. P.S. GH: Greens Hit (First hit of the bowl pack). If you see EB it is End Bowl (The bowl is beat).

    ReplyDelete